- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2010-2016, PhD in Philosophy; Committee Chair: Prof. Sally Haslanger, Dissertation titled Precisifying Art Pluralism
- Brown University, 2015-2016, Visiting Research Fellow, Philosophy Department
- University of California, Berkeley, 2007-2010, BA in Philosophy with highest honors and the departmental citation
- Community College of San Francisco, Philosophy concentration 2005-2007
- San Francisco Art Institute, 2003-2005, New Genres concentration
My process is series-based. I take on series of works in multiples of 5, the only other constraint being the size of the panel. The result of each series is never planned. Instead, the actions of prepping, texturing, and painting the surface define the end result.
I work on solid panels using gesso, oil paint, and printing inks as my additive medium, while using power tools, scraping devices, solvent washes, and sanding as my removal devices.
liminal space, Diego Rivera Gallery, San Francisco, CA, February 2005
PortCall!, HarborArts, Boston, MA, November 2014
Achroma, UNIUN, Somerville, MA, May 2014
Cronyism, Mission 17, San Francisco, CA, January-February 2006
For a landscape, Queens Nails Annex, San Francisco, CA, July-August 2005